Sunday 9 April 2017

Last week of tapering in Bristol!

Monday 3rd April 2017

After Sunday's PB, I was feeling rather perky. Legs felt alright and I was looking forward to our last week of training in Bristol before heading to Boston next week! With just 2 weeks until the marathon and the last training 'race' done, I was eager to drop the mileage and taper some more. John and I enjoyed a lie in on Monday and opted for a steady 4 miles in the evening. 

Tuesday 4th April 2017

Today was a GA run of 8 miles. We took a lovely route through Ashton Court. John wanted to do a hill session (which I wasn't especially thrilled about given my hatred of all hills steeper than the Weston Prom!). He powered up the hilly sections with aparent ease...I pushed myself a bit but didn't want to go too full on as I was still feeling the effects of a cold. An average page of 7:49- not bad.

Wednesday 5th April 2017

For the last time before Boston, we headed to Redland for our GWR club run. The Maestro had decided that we should do some miles at marathon pace so we headed off on the winter 10 route. When we reached the Portway, the boys picked up the pace to their marathon pace (6:20mm!!!) I decided that I might as well join in the fun and do picked up my own pace to the more modest 7min miles. It felt alright, not as easy as I'd have liked, but I did the 1st mile in 7:05 and the 2nd in 6:54.

Thursday 6th April 2017

John and I wanted a relaxing evening  (for a change) so we chose to go out in the morning today.  4 miles at 8:35mm pace felt really comfortable. It was a really stunning morning; the sun was just rising over the Harbourside and with only 2 days left of work, our spirits were high.

I've not talked much about food in my blogs for a while - there's not really been much to report- but tonight we had a brilliant Gluten free meal at Biblos. Biblos is the latest resturant to open in the new Wapping Warf development. It's probably best described as a Jamaican falafel wrap based resturant. Unfortunately, the wraps are not gluten free, however, almost all of the main Jamaican meals are. I had pork with rice and peas and wow it was good. Really tender pork with crackling and a delicious side of colsaw. The place was rammed and it was a lovely evening so we got the food to takeaway and sat and ate it on the Harbourside with a wonderful view of the Matthew. 

Friday 7th April 2017

Last day of term- woohoo! Another morning run as I was planning on visiting family in the evening.
A lovely steady 3 miles around the Harbourside was enough for today.

Saturday 8th April 2017

Today was the final Ashton Court Parkrun before Boston! I was hoping to have a go at a PB  today but was still feeling coldy so decided to be sensible (The Maestro was very impressed with me!) and take it steady.  I had a lovely run with Cat who manged a PB - well done Cat! Other PBs went to The Maestro himself, Dan (sub 3) Jones and Woody along with many others I believe - well done all!

Sunday 9th April 2017

Another glorious day. The weather these last few weeks has been incredible. It just makes running even better! The Maestro met John and I on the Harbourside where we took a few photos to mark the occasion of our last run together in the UK. Obviously we all looked super cool in our matching Boston Qualifiers T-shirts! A very enjoyable13 miles despite the very hilly route! We said goodbye to the Maestro at the end knowing that the next time we'd see him would be in America!

Total mileage for this week= 50 miles exactly!

After a well earned breakfast, we packed and headed off for London! We've had a lovely evening with Amy (my sister) and Josh and I am now writing this on my phone (which is the reason for lack of colour and photos and possibly resulted in me making more mistakes) at my parents' house in London. 

Tomorrow morning I'm very much looking forward to an early morning run with Kojo, an amazing runner who we've been following and admiring for a while now and who happens to train close to my parents' house. That will be our last run in England before we board the plane in the afternoon and head off to Boston!

Only 1 week to go!!!! Eeeekkk! 

No comments:

Post a Comment